Thursday, December 11, 2014

Creativity Brings Life

Recently I came across this Vine, compliments of @timneedles:



It inspired me so much, I decided to remix it and use it as the basis for a short video:



For such a short video, this actually took me quite some time. Naturally, somebody might ask why I would spend a couple of hours putting this together, knowing that few others would see it. The simple answer? Creating, regardless of what it is, provides a break.

It is about the process. Whether making a video


A piece of micro fiction:

Or a multimedia collage:



Working on this material or with paper, scissors, and glue removes me from my daily routine and reminds me how important it is to explore the emergent possible. It is too easy to coast, to skate, to not think beyond what needs to be done. But life is mysterious and wonderful and difficult. Creating restores an awareness of what is in front of me and, more importantly, what is inside me.
Creativity brings life. Rejoice! Inside, you'll find power. You'll find ability good for a big heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment