Tuesday, August 11, 2015

20% Time: My Questions Ranked

Following is a list of questions that interest me. They are organized according to what I have wondered about most over the last year. As such, the number 1 question is the one that has been most on my mind. While this might not seem like the most important question to answer, it is the question that drives much of my thinking and which I would like to figure out immediately.

Question 1:
How do I write a song? (It's about more than just a song. Songwriting, like painting, moviemaking, and any other creative pursuit, amazes me. An artist begins with nothing and then creates a world. From scraps of ideas, a work gets developed that contains unity and an internal logic. I want to understand the different strategies and processes artists take to achieve this end.)

Question 2:
We need to live with less stress/learn to handle stress in a healthy way. How do we get this done?

Question 3: 
We need to refocus the education system so there is less emphasis on standardized tests and grades. How do we get this done?

Question 4:
Artists and journalists must be compensated financially for their labor; however, people have grown accustomed to getting content for free online. How do we change this tyranny of free?

Question 5:
How do I become more understanding of people with different experiences than me, especially when it comes to race?

Question 6:
Who is/are the people with the best ideas regarding learning how to use technology thoughtfully and creatively?

Question 7:
We need a political system less influenced by lobbyists and wealthy donors. How do we get this done?

Question 8:
Who has the most compelling ideas regarding our broken justice system that incarcerates minorities and the poor at far greater levels than whites and the wealthy?

Question 9:
How do I instill in my students (and kids) a love/respect for reading?





No comments:

Post a Comment